Wednesday, April 20, 2011

CCC #71 MOTHER'S DAY CARD

Welcome to CRICUT CARDZ CHALLENGE #71! This week Mary has asked all of us on Design Team #2 to make a Mother's Day Card using any cartridges and colors we like.  I love that kind of freedom to create, don't you?
Card #132, 133, 134, 135
All solid colors are Stampin' Up or Recollections papers. Gingham background is Recollections paper cut @ 4" x 5 1/4".  Sentiment mat cut @ 3 3/4" x 1". Sentiment printed onto white paper 3 3/8" x 3/4" from computer using Brock Script. Capitol letters are @ 26 pts. Small letters are @ 22 pts. Cricut cartridge SIMPLY CHARMED for tulip page 38 cut @ 3 1/2" with Shadow feature too.  I was having withdrawals not adding a button to the outside, but I thought it really didn't need anything else added.  OCD kicked in and I had to add one to the inside. LOL I made 4 of these simple cards. I'm really pleased with how they came out. 


Hop over to CCC and play along with us! We can't wait to see what you create for your Mother's Day card. 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Janis!

    I love the simplicity of this card!! I have a hard time walking away from a card and find myself going back to add this or that too! :)

    TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is beautiful!! I think simple is fabulous and we often forget to value simplicity:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great card. I do not have that cartridge but will check my other one's to see if I have a fun flower to use. I need to make a couple more cards for Mother's Day. I the ide of "less is more" and sometimes forget that. Thanks for the ideas & inspiration.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Just beautiful!! I soooo
    love this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card came out wonderful! I really like the simplicity of it... It makes for a wonderful Mother's day card! LOVELY work DT Sis! :o)
    Theresa (CCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card. This is a great challenge, so much fun. I just checked out your 2011 book list. Lots of good titles there! I'm taking a few ideas from them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card! Love the inside too! Great job!!

    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card from the choice of papers to the OCD moment that made you add a button to the inside of the card. Turned out great!!

    Vee (CCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Minnie looks so cute next to that Easter basket! Love this, fabulous job! =)

    ReplyDelete