Sunday, February 20, 2011

CRICUT SAMPLER CARDS

If you are looking for Sensational Scene Cards Blog Hop, CLICK HERE.

When I ordered the Cricut Design Studio, I had a choice on cricutmachine.com.  I could order just the software for $34.95 or I could order the software and CRICUT SAMPLER cartridge bundle for $24.95.  Hmmmm....

I really didn't think I'd use the Cricut Sampler cart that much.  But I have to tell you, it's got some animals on it from ZOOBALOO (a cartridge I don't have), and they are just precious!  Now I'm thinking I really want ZOOBALOO.  I think Cricut should come out with several SAMPLER carts featuring a combination of different carts out there.  What a great way to get you interested in something you otherwise may have easily dismissed.

Here are some cards I made this morning.  It's so fun just to sit down and explore, create, and relax.  Love this crafting time.

Card #36
CRICUT SAMPLER
Lion p.51 cut @ 3"
Card base brown (All solid papers in all the cards in this post are Recollections paper)
Gold rhinestones from stash
Bubble sentiment from stash
Orange strip 5 1/2" x 1 1/2"
Decorative, glittered strip on top of the orange one 5 1/2" x 1 1/4" (from DCWV Cotton Bloom Stack)

Card #37

Card base Dark Red
PLANTIN SCHOOL BOOK Grass p. 69 cut @ 1 1/2"
Buttons, ribbon, and hemp from stash
Striped background paper from DCWV Cotton Bloom Stack cut @ 4" x 4 1/4"
Elephant from CRICUT SAMPLER p. 49 cut @ 3" and chalked with Stampin Up chalks around edges

Card #38

Card base light green
Yellow glitter mat from DCWV Cotton Bloom Stack 
cut @ 5 1/4" x 4"
Glitter Flower mat (same stack) cut @ 5" x 3 3/4"
Orange ribbon from stash
Orange rhinestone in flower center from stash
CRICUT SAMPLER Kitty p. 52 cut @ 3"


I hope you are having a fun, relaxing day.
Hugs!

7 comments:

  1. Janis, these cards are absolutely adorable! You're making me want Zoobaloo too! Have a great Sunday!
    Love 'ya girl!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cards are lovely! All the animals are so cute, I especially like the elephant! I never knew there were Cricut sampler carts, it does sound like a great idea though. TFS! :)
    Jenn
    craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cards! they are all so cute. I love how the elephant turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janis these cards are too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I found your Blog!! I follow Paper Playtime... but didn't dig deep enough. :-)
    What fun cards you make!! Really like the elephant. I am now a new follower!! Thanks so much for including me on the Paper Playtime challenge!! I was all confused on the time. I think we are 2 hours difference.
    Have a Happy Sunday!!
    Michele
    http://fishmememoriesandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just adorable!! I have this cartridge, but haven't used it a lot lately. The elephant is my favorite!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling cards, Janis! Sample cart! Maybe they'll get into mix-n-match so we could pick cuts off of a variety of carts! Zoobaloo is one of my favorite carts. The animals are darling, love the font, and there are a few cool scapes, too!

    ReplyDelete