Wednesday, June 30, 2010

HUT FULL OF QUOTES, SAYINGS & VERSES

Here is a mini book I started with some Debbie Mumm paper.  I'm going to fill it full of my favorite quotes, sayings and Bible verses.  I'll decorate the pages as I fill them with quotes, etc.  The ribbons hanging down are used for bookmarks.  There is a brown one on the end, but it's hard to see in this photo.

Video of this project at end of post. :)

The outside was made using a piece of cardboard that came in a pack of paper.  I cut it 5 3/4" x 4 1/2".  Then I cut pattern paper the same size (x 4 for inside and outside of front and back covers) and used Tacky Glue to adhere it to both sides of the cardboard.  I then cut a piece of yellow pattern paper 5 1/4" x 4" ( x 2 times) for the inside of both the front and back covers.

The inside pages are cardstock in a variety of colors.  They were actually cards from a Value Pack which are pre-scored for easy folding, and I simply cut down the score line which cut them in half.

I used my Crop-a-dial to punch holes and binder rings I got from Office Depot (100ct) that are 1" rings.  I centered the inside pages (which are 4 1/4" x 5 1/2") vertically so that the covers are larger on top and bottom and right side.

The 5 ribbons to be used for bookmarks in the back were all cut at 13 1/2".  (Shown in video below). They really don't have to be that long, but I wanted them long enough to hang out of the bottom and add a little bit of character along with being functional.  :)  This is how the bookmarks in our church hymnals were when I was a teenager.  That's where this idea came from.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask in the comment section and leave your email so I can respond directly to you!

Thanks for stopping by!

This is my submission for Robyn's Color Challenge.  There is very little pink on the cover (the birdie's wild feather hair), but there are pink pages on the inside!  Click here to go to Robyn's challenge.

Enjoy!  Janis

9 comments:

  1. I am SO going to make this! Great project ! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Dorcas
    http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just awesome! Love that monkey on the front and the paper is great! Love mini albums!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great! Love those Debbie Mumm papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! I love this idea!!! Gonna have to make myself one!!! Those papers are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea Janis!! Very cute with the bookmark ribbons!! What southern accent?!?!?(says this south texas girl) You are always sooo encouraging in the comments you leave and inspiring in the techniques and ideas you share :) I'm glad too see that the relocation has gone well :) I'll be updating my blog later, if you would like to drop in :) Have a blessed day :)

    @>-%---Stephanie
    http://sdksscraptuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project, love it!! Your package is on its way!! :) :) :) :) Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute project! I've been wanting to make one of these I was thinking of making one out of a composition book I even bought one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute, love the monkey and such a creative design ;) Inspired

    ReplyDelete