Monday, June 28, 2010

AHOY, MATEY! Paper Playtime Challenge # 5


HELLO!!!  I'm so happy to be home, in my new craft room (drywall - no paint yet; subfloor - no flooring yet), got my desk and computer with printer set up;  got my craft table set up with the Cricut.... life is GOOD!

Here is my first craft project since we've moved.  It feels so good to do a scrapbook page.  I haven't done any scrapbooking in way too long.

I'll handwrite info on the page before adding it to my scrapbook.  This is a picture of my parents holding my first grandchild and their first great-grandchild.  I know he's a boy baby, but these flowers were so pretty that PAM sent me in an ARK (Act of Random Kindness - I know most people say RAK, but I like ARK better because it reminds me of Noah and the Ark and how God saved him and his family with it.  And isn't that what ARKs do for us - save us sometimes - give us a little love in the mail - a little boost in our spirit?).

Background "RAIN" paper & Yellow pattern paper from Debbie Mumm

Cricut cartridge - Mickey & Friends
Donald on page 99 cut @ 4 1/2" and used SHADOW feature too

Cricut cartridge - Create A Critter
AHOY phrase on page 42 cut @ 2 1/2" (I placed layers a little off center to give it a shadow effect)
Star Brads from Recollections from Joann's

"Welcome to the World, Matey!" printed using PrintMaster from the computer
Font - Antique
"Welcome" at size 40, the rest of the phrase at size 30
Flowers from 7 Gypsies - Red Velvet
Flower rhinestones from Busy Kids Kids' Camp from Joann's

Have a BLESSED day!
Janis


6 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Did u get my email? :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! I am a big fan of donald! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAWWW!! This is the cutest! Boys pages can use a little flowers every once in a while. :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you put Donald Duck there with the title. That's a cute LO and a precious pic.

    ReplyDelete