Friday, April 23, 2010

READING CURRENTLY & TO READ LIST

Happy Friday, all my bloggy, crafty, artistic, fun-loving friends!

I finished my "naughty" book "Tempest Rising" by Nicole Peeler.  It was not what I normally read, but I did enjoy it.  The language was bad, but not slathered with it, so I just kept on going.  You have to admit, sometimes saying WTF is just hilarious.

Do you know what I liked BEST about this book?  The way the main character, Jane, talked to herself and answered / argued back to herself.  I mean it had me cracking up... when I was reading in bed.... and hubby was trying to sleep.... and then I'm snickering over some book I'm reading.  hahahaha  Maybe because I talk to myself all day long, I understood first hand what Jane was doing.  LOL

Oh, and I'm going to tell you right now, it's HOT!  So if you aren't into descriptive scenes, this book is not for you.  

This is the first in a series; the #2 book, "Tracking The Tempest" is suppose to be out July 2010.

QUESTION:
As you know, we will be driving from Anchorage, Alaska to South Carolina in June.  PLEASE tell me a GREAT book series to get for my trip.  I devour books, so just getting one book for the adventure will not hold me over until we get there.  And I so LOVE reading books in a SERIES.  Yes, I've read The Chronicles of Narnia series, The Harry Potter series, and the Twilight series, so think of something else and let me know. But only if you've read them and know they are good!  




Today I started reading "Godmother" by Carolyn Turgeon.  It's a story of the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella.  I've just begun, and it's a little slow going right now, so we'll see if I stick with it through tomorrow.  If not, I have a whole stack of other possibilities ready to be devoured from the Library:




The Return by Ben Bova - and oh darn I just realized it's Book 4 of the Voyagers series.... hmmmmm.... now to decide whether to go ahead and try it out, or go back and start from the beginning?









I may or may not be back later on today with a new card creation.  I'm kind of feeling like a mini album, but I've packed material I would need for that.  And I'm kind of feeling like starting a Travel Journal for the trip back, but, oh, I don't know.  I was on a card swing after I had used all the ones that I had, and now I'm bursting at the seams with cards again.  Sort of hate to make another for the already stuffed box.  But they are so easy and so fun.  Decisions, decisions......

Toodles!
Janis







4 comments:

  1. Hi Janis...have you read the "Outlander" series by Diana Galbadon?

    It's a time travel series but also a beautiful love story. I've read the first three books a while ago but I;m going to re-read them. I think there are seven or eight books in the series now and they are quite thick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how do you have time to read all these books, pack, and do all your cute cricut creations?? you are one talented lady! ...I wish I could recommend a series of books for you, but the only series I've ever read was Twilight...The Shack, and The Time Traveler's Wife are good, if you haven't read those yet. :)...also Into the Wild was great too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read any books by Charlaine Harris? They are hilarious! I also have enjoyed any book by Lee Child...he has a great series out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo Yeah, guys! Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete